How to Borrow an iPad
- Go to the MPAL circulation desk, fill out form and present iCard.
- iPad and case must be returned to a person at the MPAL Circulation desk and form must be signed on return.
- iCard holders only
- One week loan
- Renewal allowed ONLY if we have at least one other iPad ready to check out--the iPad MUST be presented to be renewed
- Lost fee: $1000.00
- Late fee: $5/day begin accruing immediately after 9PM on the due date
- Borrower is responsible for any damaged or missing pieces
What You Can and Can't Do on the iPads
- Use the pre-installed apps
- Access files from DropBox
- Use Safari to access sites like YouTube
- Use the iTunes Store
- Download or access your own apps
- Make in-app purchases
The iPad passcode is 1114.
Please do not change this code!
MPAL has five iPads that can be checked out by anyone with a faculty/staff/student iCard.
These iPads have several restrictions put on them for security reasons (yours and the Library's). We also erase all content and settings when they are returned, so you don't need to worry about personal information being stolen.
We'd like your feedback about how useful the iPad was and whether any of the current settings made the iPad less useful for you. You can fill out our brief feedback form when you return one, or, you can send an email and share your thoughts.
Tips for Using the iPads
Connecting to Wi-Fi
- Click on the Setting icon
- Select Wi-Fi in the left column
- If you are on campus, select IllinoisNet and log-in with NetID and password
- ACCEPT the certificate
University of Illinois Box
- Select the Log In tab
- Click on More login options
- Enter your @illinois.edu e-mail address
- Click Continue
- Choose University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and click Select this campus
- Enter your NetID and password
Blackboard (Compass 2g)
- Search University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and select this school
- Enter NetID and password
Naxos Music Library
- On a computer, visit http://illinois.naxosmusiclibrary.com
- Navigate to the Playlist area and click “Sign Up” in the "Personal/Student" playlist account area
- Create a login on the sign up page. This login, consisting of your email address and a custom password, then becomes your login for the app.
- Tutorial available here: http://naxosmusiclibrary.blogspot.com/2010/09/calling-all-app-users.html
Apps Currently Installed
Web shortcuts to:
- MPAL Homepage
- Classical Music Library
- DRAM (American Music)
- Jazz Music Library
- Smithsonian Global Sound
***More Coming Soon!***