Welcome to the Soc 596 (Zerai) Course Library Research Guide for Spring 2014
This guide is designed to help you with your literature review and suggest resources for research design, identifying secondary data, and data analysis and writing. There are also instructions for setting up a RefWorks account and links to help using this citation management tool to organize your research and create your bibliography.
We invite you to contact Beth Sheehan should you need further assistance with your research.
Instructional Session Objectives
Upon completion of the library instructional session for Sociology 596, students will be able to:
- Formulate a research question that includes major concepts for the research topic
- Select appropriate sociology/family studies article databases
- Formulate a search query within a database using terms that best represent key concepts
- Identify sources of data/statistics appropriate for their topic.
- Find resources to assist with research design, quantitative/qualitative data analysis, and writing
Social Sciences Research Services Librarian
SSHEL North (Room 100) & SSHEL South (Room 101)
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
General Telephone: (217) 333-2305
Information Services Desk Telephone: (217) 244-1864