In addition to creating email alerts many databases will offer the option to set up an RSS feed. To find out more about RSS (Really Simple Syndication) please go the Library's What is RSS page. Also the Current Awareness LibGuide has some excellent information about RSS Feeds and Readers.
Please let me know if you would like an appropriate database added to this TOC LibGuide.
Selected Journal Indexes for the Natural Sciences
Click on the name of the database below that you would like to set up an alert for and it will take you to detailed instructions for setting up alerts and provide a link to the respective database. To access a list of databases in the Natural Sciences and the Prairie Research Institute please go to the Literature Databases page.
Click for detailed description of database.
- Academic Search Premier
- Anthropology Plus
- Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts 1 (ASFA1): Biological Sciences and Living Resources
- Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts 3 (ASFA3) :Aquatic Pollution and Environmental Quality
- Biological Abstracts (BIOSIS)
- BioOne Abstracts and Indexes
- Biotechnology Research Abstracts, included in Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management
- CAB Abstracts
- Conference Papers Index
- Digital Dissertations and Theses
- Ecology Abstracts
- Engineering Village
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management
- Fish, Fisheries & Aquatic Biodiversity Worldwide
- Garden, Landscape & Horticulture Index
- Journal Citation Reports
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
- Science Citation Index (Web of Science)
- Sustainability Science Abstracts, included in Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management
- Water Resources Abstracts
- Web of Science (Science Citation Index)
- Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide
- Zoological Record
Illinois Natural History Survey Librarian
Prairie Research Institute Library
1816 S. Oak St.
1027 Forbes Natural History Building
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 244-4907
Fax: (217) 244-0802