The Film Study Reference Guide provides students and scholars with an introduction to some of the key works on the subjects of film history, criticism, and theory, and with resources for finding articles in serial publications and anthologies.
In this guide you will find:
- Basic Resources: Quick Reference: a selection of print and electronic resources providing essential information about specific films.
- Basic Resources: Film Reviews and Critical Essays: a selection of resources inclusive of reviews and more in-depth discussions of specific films.
- Basic Resources: Film Theory and Criticism: a bibliography of print resources meant to assist you with learning about various critical and theoretical points of view on film, ranging from classic texts to more recent works.
- Basic Resources: Film History: a selection of guides to the history of cinema.
We also offer guides to research on films of specific countries:
- French Cinema Resources
- German Language TV, Radio and Films
- Italian Film Resources
- Brazilian Film
- Scandinavian Film
Book summaries text is taken from Books in Print.