This course guide has two main purposes:
- To save you time in your research.
- To help make your research more successful.
For much more in-depth information on conducting historical research, please visit our guide on Library Research for History Students.
If you have any questions about this guide, or about your research for this class, then please don't hesitate to contact us!
244-0797 | m-stuart (at) illinois.edu
Collections and Services Specialist
333-9558 | gtross (at) illinois.edu
Table of Contents
- Video Tutorials
- Analyzing a Topic
- Search Queries in Library Databases
- Reference Sources
- Encyclopedias & Dictionaries
- Handbooks & Guides
- Almanacs, Atlases, & Chronologies
- Online Catalog
- Why Bother with Subject Headings?
- Example Subject Headings
- Searching the Online Catalog
- Historical Abstracts
- Other Article Databases
- Legal History Journals
- Periodicals on Microform
- Digitized Newspapers
- Newspapers on Microform
- Other Source Collections
- Digital Collections
- Microform Collections
- Citing Your Sources
- Managing Your Sources
- Chicago Style