This course guide has two main purposes:
- To save you time in your research.
- To help make your research more successful.
For much more in-depth information on conducting historical research, please visit our guide on Library Research for History Students.
If you have any questions about this guide, or about your research for this class, then please don't hesitate to contact us!
244-0797 | m-stuart (at) illinois.edu
Collections and Services Specialist
333-9558 | gtross (at) illinois.edu
Table of Contents
- Video Tutorials
- Analyzing a Topic
- Search Queries in Library Databases
- Reference Sources
- Bibliographies and Guides
- Online Catalog
- Why Bother with Subject Headings
- Example Subject Headings
- Searching the Online Catalog
- Digitized Book Collections
- Article Indexes
- Full-Text Collections
- Digitized Historical Newspapers
- Searching Historical Newspapers
- Current Newspapers
- Other Source Collections
- Digital Collections
- Microform Collections
- Citing Your Sources
- Managing Your Sources
- Guides to Chicago Style
- Chicago Manual of Style