Online resources for the history and geography of Ancient Rome and Greece.
Last Updated: Oct 4, 2013
- Bulletin Analytique d'Histoire Romaine (BAHR) - Periodical index of articles on roman history and archaeology.
- Demos - Classical Athenian Democracy - A scholarly web site devoted to the history, institutions, and people of democratic Athens in the 5th and 4th centuries BCE.
- Diotima Bibliographies - Searchable subject bibliographies on women & gender in antiquity.
- DRoits ANTiques(DRANT) - A bibliographical produced by Center for the Documentation of Ancient Law (CDDA), focusing on ancient legal history and related areas.
- Index of ANRW - A searchable index to the Aufstieg und Niedergang der römischen Welt. The set itself is in the Classics Reference Collection: 937 AU39.
- Ancient World Mapping Center
- Corpus Inscriptionum Latinarum (CIL) - Digitized public domain volumes of this comprehensive collection of ancient Latin inscriptions from all corners of the Roman Empire.
- De Imperatoribus Romanis - An Online Encyclopedia of Roman Rulers and their Families
- Diotima - Materials for the Study of Women and Gender in the Ancient World
- Mantis - The database of the American Numismatic Society. It contains many examples of Greek, Roman, and Byzantine coins.
- Monumenta Germaniae Historica - Sources for the study of German history (broadly conceived) from the end of the Roman Empire to 1500.
- ORBIS – The Stanford Geospatial Network Model of the Roman World reconstructs the time cost and financial expense associated with a wide range of different types of travel in antiquity.
- Pleiades - Geographic info on classical places pulled into Google Maps from the Barrington Atlas and other sources.
- Prosopographia Imperii Romani