This course guide has two main purposes:
- To save you time in your research.
- To help make your research more successful.
For much more in-depth information on conducting historical research, please visit our guide on Library Research for History Students.
If you have any questions about this guide, or about your research for this class, then please don't hesitate to contact us!
244-0797 | m-stuart (at) illinois.edu
Collections and Services Specialist
333-9558 | gtross (at) illinois.edu
Table of Contents
- Video Tutorials
- Analyzing a Topic
- Search Queries in Library Databases
- Reference Works
- Handbooks and Guides
- The Online Catalog
- Why Bother with Subject Headings?
- Some Example Subject Headings
- Searching the Online Catalog
- Digitized Book Collections
- America: History and Life
- Other Article Databases
- Full-Text Collections
- Digitized Historical Newspapers
- Newspapers on Microfilm
- Citing Your Sources
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Guides to Chicago Style