This course guide has two main purposes:
- To save you time in your research.
- To help make your research more successful.
For much more in-depth information on conducting historical research, please visit our guide on Library Research for History Students.
If you have any questions about this guide, or about your research for this class, then please don't hesitate to contact us!
244-0797 | m-stuart (at) illinois.edu
Collections and Services Specialist
333-9558 | gtross (at) illinois.edu
Table of Contents
- Reference Works
- Bibliographies and Guides
- The Online Catalog
- Why Bother with Subject Headings?
- Some Example Subject Headings
- Searching the Online Catalog
- Digitized Book Collections
- Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life
- Other Article Databases
- Full-Text Resources
- Digitized Newspapers
- Newspapers on Microfilm
- Using Newspapers on Microfilm
- Other Source Collections
- Digital Collections
- Print Collections
- Microform Collections
- Citing Your Sources
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Guides to Chicago Style