Check here to find this semester's schedule of in-person, hands-on Savvy Researcher Workshops
A Note to Distance Learners
Over the years, we've had many distance education students ask for a virtual equivalent of the on-campus workshops. This series of guides aims to approximate as closely as possible the flow of the workshop by incorporating both hands-on activities and short videos demonstrating some of the skills and activies we teach in the in-person workshop.
So keep an eye about for the boxes labeled "Hands on Activity" and for the Savvy Shorts tab at the top of the page. And as always, send us your feed back at email@example.com.
About the Savvy Researcher
The Library's Savvy Researcher workshop series brings information professionals together with graduate students and faculty to explore topics related to research and academic success. Some workshops are tool-based, some focus on a particular library resource, and others are topical, but the goal of all is to help you understand and use the library efficiently and effectively.
Contents of this Guide
This is the guide for the Savvy Researcher Workshop Current Awareness: Tools to Stay Current in Your Field
This guide covers:
- RSS Feeds: A brief introduction to the tool
- RSS Feed Readers: Options for reading your RSS Feeds
- Social Bookmarking: How to find recommendations from colleagues
- Conference Listings: Professional conference and organizations
- Twitter: Uses in Academia
- Savvy Shorts: A brief video version of the in-person workshop
LEARN to Use the Library
1408 West Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL 61801