Even librarians use Google Scholar! Improve your searching by learning tricks of the trade using advanced features of Google Scholar. Learn the benefits and limitations of what Google Scholar can do for you. Also, learn about the new Google Book project and how to find online books. http://scholar.google.com/
Guide created by Central Reference.
Last updated: June 2008
What's in this guide?
This guide is meant to help you learn to use Google Scholar in concert with the University of Illinois library resources to your greatest advantage. It replicates information covered in the Savvy Searcher workshop series. Using this space for discussion is highly encouraged: there are places to add comments and questions on each page.
Please feel free to add comments to any section, or contact us.
What is in this guide:
- How Google Scholar Works
- How to incorporate Google Scholar into your research
- What is Google Scholar good for?
- Video: Find Journal Articles by Topic
- What is Google Scholar NOT good for?
- Strategies for Searching
- Searching in Google Scholar
- Setting Preferences
- Finding Articles
- Google Book Search
- What is Google Book Search?
- Features of Google Book Search
LEARN to Use the Library
1408 West Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL 61801