Library session goals for MUSE330
Welcome to the LibGuide for the library instruction session for MUSE330 Learning in Museums (Fall 2012).
In this session, we will answer the following questions:
When I have a citation from a bibliography/list of references...
- How do I use the citation to determine what type of resource the item is, and what part(s) of the citation I should be searching if I want to locate this item?
- Which library resources should I search for each type of resource?
- What do I do if the library doesn't have the item that I need?
- After I locate the item, how do I evaluate it to determine if it is scholarly, credible, and appropriate for my assignment?
When I want to search by topic, author, etc for articles/books...
- How do I choose a database or catalog to search?
- How can I make my searches faster and more accurate?
When I want to organize my references and create a bibliography...
- How do I use a citation management tool to organize my references in one place?
- How do I get help formatting my bibliography in a certain style (ex: APA)?
Visiting Anthropology/Sociology Librarian
Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library (SSHEL)
SSHEL North (Room 100) & SSHEL South (Room 101)
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
General Telephone: (217) 333-2305
Information Services Desk Telephone: (217) 244-1864