Library Session Goals
1. Identify sources of sociological research articles
2. Define peer-reviewed journals, and understand how to find peer-reviewed research
3. Understand how to structure an article database search
4. Practice search in Sociological Abstracts, including search tips (truncation and thesaurus) and Discover Full-Text
5. Learn about citation management tools (Refworks)
Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library: Your "Home Base"
Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library (SSHEL) Website: http://www.library.illinois.edu/sshel/
Hours, Location, Staff Contacts, Loan Policies and more at About Us.
Need library help? Contact SSHEL!
Send IM to askillinois
Call SSHEL reference desk: (217) 244-1864
To request an individual research consultation appointment with an SSHEL librarian, submit a request using the Individual Research Consultation form.
Visiting Anthropology/Sociology Librarian
Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library (SSHEL)
SSHEL North (Room 100) & SSHEL South (Room 101)
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
General Telephone: (217) 333-2305
Information Services Desk Telephone: (217) 244-1864