Welcome to the Soc 496/596 Course Guide.
Following the library instructional session, this guide will help you with your literature review and suggest resources for additional help with data analysis.
We invite you to contact Beth Sheehan or Peg Burnette should you need further assistance with your research.
Instructional Session Objectives
Upon completion of the library instructional session for Sociology 496/596, students will be able to:
- Formulate a research question that includes major concepts for the research topic
- Select appropriate sociology/health databases and other resources for information
- Formulate a search query within a database using terms that best represent key concepts
- Identify sources of global health statistics
- Find resources to assist with quantitative data analysis
Social Sciences Librarian
SSHEL North (Room 100) & SSHEL South (Room 101)
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
General Telephone: (217) 333-2305
Information Services Desk Telephone: (217) 244-1864