Library Session Goals
After the library orientation session and independent review of this guide, students in Sociology 510 will be able to:
1. Identify and define types of scholarly sociological research literature.
2. Locate scholarly literature through database and catalog searches.
3. Find information about data management best practices.
3. Determine Journal Impact Factor and other methods of evaluating scholarly journals; use citation analysis tools in Web of Knowledge and/or Scopus to find research which cites a specific article/author.
4. Use Refworks citation management tool to organize and store citations and create bibliographies.
Social Sciences, Health and Education Library: Your "Home Base"
Social Sciences, Health and Education Library (SSHEL) Website: http://www.library.illinois.edu/sshel/
Find Hours, Location, Contact Information, Loan Policies, Research Guides and more on our homepage.
Need library help? Contact SSHEL!
To request an individual research consultation appointment with a SSHEL librarian, submit a request using the Individual Research Consultation form.
Social Sciences Research Services Librarian
SSHEL North (Room 100) & SSHEL South (Room 101)
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
General Telephone: (217) 333-2305
Information Services Desk Telephone: (217) 244-1864