What's in this guide?
Broken down into several sections, this guide only begins to scratch the surface of information available on how to use technology in archival research. Using this space for discussion is highly encouraged: there are places to add comments and questions on each page.
What is in this guide:
- Getting Started
- Things to consider before starting your research.
- Tips on what features cameras have to offer and elements to keep in mind when looking for a camera.
- Taking Pictures
- Suggestions on how to improve the quality of pictures taken in archives.
- Data Organization
- Ways to keep your images and the corresponding data organized.
- What sort of software one might wish to use throughout the project.
- Suggestions on how to backup your information, and reasons why this is important.
- Additional Sources
- Links to various sources with useful information
- Example Pictures
- See what sort of images you can expect
LEARN to Use the Library
1408 West Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL 61801